Presentation on coastal ocean monitoring at NASA Headquarters, Washington D.C. (2014)
Press conference at United Nations' Climate Summit COP24, Poland (2018)
Setting up instruments on Useful Island, Western Antarctic Peninsula (2015)
Measuring light backscattering in Andvord Bay, Antarctic Peninsula (2016)
Sample collection near Palmer Station on Averse Island, Antarctica (2015)
· AI Proficiency: Turning Tomorrow Into Today, a podcast by DOD CDAO + Tradewind -- "A New Wave in Ocean Technology with Jack Pan, CEO of Ocean Motion Technologies"
· Larta Institute Impact Report featuring Jack Pan and Ocean Motion Tech
The report combines a review of Larta's efforts in 2022, including a showcase of startups selected into their portfolio, and a look ahead to their new strategic initiatives for 2023.
· Making waves in clean energy by harnessing ocean power
New technologies reveal the sea as a compelling alternative energy source in the battle against climate change.
· Announcing the candidates for the 2022 Pritzker Emerging Environmental Genius Award
· University Marine Energy Research Community (UMERC) member spotlight
· TMA BlueTech membership Monday highlight
· Ocean Motion Tech mechatronics team featured in "StartBlue Program Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2021" from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
· Opinion article in The Hill "Geoengineering must stay peaceful" by Elizabeth Chalecki and Jack Pan
· Fresh Brewed Tech featuring Jack Pan and the Ocean Motion Tech story, by Sonam Jain
· Acknowledged in "POLAR TOURISM AS AN EFFECTIVE RESEARCH TOOL ." Citizen Science in the Western Antarctic Peninsula
· Jack at the United Nations' Climate Summit COP25 (Chile/Madrid, Spain)
"The Annual International UN Climate Negotiations Begin." Ocean Scientists for Informed Policy
SIO at COP25 Photo Album:
· Office interior design photography featured in Office Snapshots
· Triton Innovation Challenge: Scripps Entrepreneurs Venture Beyond Barriers
· Jack at the United Nations' Climate Summit COP24 (Katowice, Poland)
Bringing Science to Global Climate Talks
Around the Pier: Bringing Science to Global Climate Talks
SIO at COP24 Photo Album:
· Jack hosts press conference on ecosystem service conservation and technological intervention:
UC San Diego Scientists Bringing New Science to COP24
Press Conference coverage on Scripps' Twitter: https://twitter.com/Scripps_Ocean/status/1069878827122331648
· Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Student Spotlight
· Teledyne Marine Photo Contest 2018
· Entrepreneurs from Scripps Oceanography are advancing green and blue technologies"
· "Rethink the Ocean? Why San Diego’s Entrepreneurs Are Doing Just That" reported by
· Photo of the Week: "Crushed Ice Collecting glacial ice to study fjord ecosystems in the Southern Ocean"
· Photo of the Week: "Life under the Ice
Researchers investigate how iceberg calving affects Antarctic marine life"
· The Maritime Alliance BlueTech Incubator
Featured on sandiego.gov
Reported by San Diego Union Tribune
· Ocean Carbon & Biogeochemistry (OCB) Fall Newsletter, 2016
· UCSD Interdisciplinary Forum on Environmental Research: Session on "Geoengineering our Climate"
· Addressing the Flag ban controversy at ASUCI: "UCI Stands by the Flag -- An open letter from the UCI Family"
Weddell Sea, Antarctica (2018)